Streetlight Outages

To report a streetlight outage on public property within the City limits of Reidsville, citizens can call the City Manager's Office at City Hall, 349-1030.

The Deputy City Clerk is in charge of this procedure for the City. Once she learns of the outage, the Deputy Clerk notifies the Police Department and an officer is dispatched to tag the light pole. The Deputy City Clerk then emails a Streetlight Outage Report to Duke Energy. Duke Energy informs us that if it is a standard light outage, the company should be able to correct the situation within three business days

There is a current moratorium on adding new streetlights throughout the City due to budgetary constraints.