Police Department Is Safe Transaction Zone
REIDSVILLE— The Reidsville Police Department now houses a Safe Transaction Zone.
The Safe Transaction Zone is designed to help protect our citizens. As robberies, thefts, and scams become more prevalent with online transaction sites, citizens are encouraged to use public areas within the community. The Police Department announces that it has become a location where these transactions may take place, which is well lit and monitored by cameras.
The safe transaction zone serves a safe place for citizens to make transactions, although police personnel will not participate or act as official witnesses in the transaction. Employees are not available for legal advice or are allowed to settle disputes between parties involved in transactions occurring in the facility.
The locations at the Police Department include the interior lobby area during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our vestibule may also be used for transactions, which will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There will also be two spaces in the parking lot behind the department.
The Police Department sees this program as another way to partner with our community to increase the safety of our citizens. In addition to using our safe transaction zone the Police Department offers the following safety tips for completing online transactions:
• Only do transactions with local buyers/sellers
• Don’t go to a transaction alone
• Make sure a friend or family member is aware of the transaction details
• Insist on meeting in a public area like our safe transaction zones
• Don’t go into someone else’s house, and don’t allow them into yours
• Complete the transaction during daylight hours
• Be extra cautious when buying or selling valuable items such as vehicles and jewelry
• Only use cash or money orders to complete your transactions
• Trust your instincts, if it sounds like a scam it probably is
If somebody is not willing to come to the Police Department’s safe online transaction zone to do a transaction it is probably not a legitimate transaction.